Thursday, November 15, 2012

"The LORD your God is in your midst,
a mightly One who will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness;
He will quiet you by His love;
He will exult over you with loud singing."
Zephaniah 3:17
 
Have you ever been overwhelmed by life? Maybe you feel your plate is full to overflowing and adding one more thing to it will push you beyond what you can handle. Life has a way of "feeling" that way at times. From stress at work, to sleepless nights, to worrying over your children, praying they will want to live for the Lord like your heart desires they would. Fill in your struggle, longing, fear.
 
As I was sitting down for my quiet time with the Lord I stopped and listened to the quietness and peace that seemed to surround me (yes, there is such a thing as peace and quiet with six kids...you just have to get up pretty early!). I then went through each child the Lord has graciously blessed us with and thanked the Lord for one specific trait I love in each one of them. Not to forget my loving husband as well, I thanked the Lord for several things that have touch my heart this past week. This verse became real to me. "He will quiet you with His love." How does a busy, tired, loving mom often quiet her child? She does with her love! This week, I have consciously been making myself stop and get a better perspective of what God has called me to do at this point in my life. It's to train my children the best I know how to honor and serve Him and stand firmly by the man God has given to me as my husband. How can I do that if I fail to slow down and spend time with them, thank God for the "inconveniences" that pop up all the time, and turn frustrating moments into training moments for them and me! Often, I find myself longing for peace in our busy home and in turn my kids and husband long for a piece of mom. Take time to give a piece of yourself to your child(ren) and hubby, and wow! Don't be surprised if your heart really has peace you have longed for! You see, as you let the Lord quiet your heart with His love, you will find you will in turn quiet your home with your love...because that kind of love is from above!
 
Take time to give and give and give a piece of yourself to others and in turn your heart will be filled with peace of HIS love!


No comments:

Post a Comment